Please Meet Stefen Chow :: Photographer/Director :: New to AtEdge!
- Born in Malaysia, raised in Singapore, has now lived in Beijing over the past 12 years with wife and 2 children.
- Started his photographic career assisting photographers and working in New York.
- Stefen was involved in 10 Himalayan expeditions, including summiting Mount Everest at 25 years old.
- Awards: Tokyo Type Director’s Club, D&AD Awards, World Press Photo, he is also an accomplished artist who co-founded Chow and Lin, with permanent collections with Museum of Contemporary Photography, Chicago, China Central Academy of Fine Arts Museum, Beijing and Thessaloniki Museum of Photography.
Case Study Breakdown
Client :: Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
Creative :: Alex Ashton, IDW // Anuschka Wiese, HPE
Job Description :: Create a library of visual assets for HPE in Tokyo, both still photography and video formats. The shoot would take place over 3 days in multiple locations, which included their Tokyo HQ, various customer locations and street shooting. We would have to capture both their employees, and upwards of 20 professional casted talent.
- The client wanted the image library to have a look that went beyond traditional corporate photography. They wanted something fresh, alive and authentic.
- One of the bigger challenges was producing a shoot from multiple locations. The agency is IDW, based in Oakland, CA, while the HPE client is based in London and I am based in Beijing, and the shoot was taking place in Tokyo. In addition to managing cultural, language gaps, we had to coordinate between 4 different timezones for pre-production and preparation.
- Aligning everyone to be on the same page was indeed a challenge, but totally fun at the same time!
Behind the Scenes
During this pandemic situation, Stefen Chow is based in Beijing, but available to shoot across China.
More of Stefen’s work can be seen here: https://www.stefenchow.com/