November 14, 2012
Oh the very pretty chioggia beet! Cut these babies crosswise and you get a gorgeous circular pattern. For this raw salad, choose small beets as they’re more tender . Use a mandoline or vegetable peeler for paper-thin slices.
- 1/4 cup Meyer lemon juice
- 1/4 cup hazelnut or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 small Chioggia beets, peeled and sliced very thin
- 1/2 cup crumbled ricotta salata cheese
- 1/4 cup torn mint leaves
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped toasted hazelnuts
- Whisk together lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add beets and toss to coat evenly. Sprinkle with remaining ingredients.
See full post here: Annabelle Breakey Photography :: Blog2012-11-14.