January 10, 2013
You can make this in less time than it will take to be delivered!
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 package (18 oz.) firm tofu, drained, cut into 1 1/2- by 2-in. chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound eggplant, cut into 1- by 3-in. strips
- 1 small red or green bell pepper, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- Heat oil in a large nonstick frying pan over high heat, add tofu, and gently cook, turning tofu occasionally, until browned slightly, about 5 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer tofu to a plate.
- Cook garlic, eggplant, and bell pepper in pan until softened, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes. Add soy sauce, sugar, and oyster sauce and cook until heated through, another 2 minutes. Return tofu to pan and gently stir to coat. Remove from heat and stir in basil leaves. Serve over rice.
See full post here: Annabelle Breakey Photography :: Blog2013-01-10.