November 28. 2012
Still recovering from last week? Just because it’s a salad doesn’t mean it’s rabbit food. Hazelnuts and Pomegranate make this light meal still taste decadent.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons roasted hazelnut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ounces spinach leaves (about 2 lightly packed qts.)
- 3/4 cup finely shredded radicchio (from 1 head)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds*
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 1 large firm-ripe Bartlett pear
- In a small saucepan, boil pomegranate juice until reduced to 1/4 cup, 5 to 6 minutes. Let cool. Whisk in lemon juice, oil, salt, thyme, and pepper.
- In a salad bowl, gently mix spinach, radicchio, pomegranate seeds, and hazelnuts with dressing. Divide among 6 plates.
- Quarter pear and core. Thinly slice crosswise, then stack slices and cut in matchsticks. Arrange pear on salads.
- *Splatter-free seeding: Cut a pomegranate into chunks. Put chunks in a bowl of water, and, working under water, use your hands to break seeds free from pith.
See full post here: Annabelle Breakey Photography :: Blog2012-11-28.