November 7, 2012
After the election season, we all could use some simple, sweet and easy.
- 4 whole-wheat tortillas (8 in.), each cut into 8 triangles
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted $
- 1/2 teaspoon anise seeds, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups Greek yogurt $
- 8 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup toasted pistachios, chopped fine
- 16 small figs, each cut into halves $
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lay tortilla triangles on a baking sheet. Using a pastry brush, lightly brush triangles with butter. In a small bowl, combine anise, cinnamon, and sugar, then sprinkle over tortillas. Bake until golden and crisp, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup yogurt into a small bowl. Make a well in the center of the yogurt and spoon in 1 tsp. honey, then sprinkle with some pistachios. Repeat to make 7 more servings. Serve each with 4 tortilla crisps and 2 sliced figs.
See full post here: Annabelle Breakey Photography :: Blog2012-11-06.