December 18, 2012
A quick and easy treat if you too are procrastinating making holiday gifts for co-workers, the kids’ teachers, neighbors…
- 1 pound semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups (about 12 oz.) roasted, salted, skinned peanuts
- 1 1/2 cups (about 8 oz.) raisins
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with waxed paper. Melt chocolate. With a heatproof spatula or wooden spoon, stir in peanuts and raisins.
- Scrape mixture onto prepared baking sheet and spread to about a 1/2-in. thickness. Chill bark until firm, about 1 1/2 hours. Break or cut into chunks. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Melting chocolate: Be gentle. Fill a saucepan with 2 to 3 in. of water. Put finely chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl that will fit over pan (the bottom of the bowl should not touch the water); set bowl aside. Bring water to a boil, turn off heat, then set bowl over pan. Use a heatproof spatula or wooden spoon to stir the chocolate frequently and encourage even melting. Once the chocolate is melted, stir well and use immediately.
See full post here: Annabelle Breakey Photography :: Blog2012-12-18.