November 23, 2012
Anyone else wondering what to do with all those leftovers? Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 5 tablespoons soft blue cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 crusty sandwich rolls, such as ciabatta, sliced in half and toasted
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce (any kind)
- 8 slices cooked turkey breast (about 1/4 in. thick)
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
- Heat oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add shallots and salt, stir, reduce heat to medium-low, and cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, until shallots are soft and browned, about 15 minutes (if shallots appear to be browning too quickly, reduce heat to low). Taste shallots and add more salt if necessary.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together blue cheese and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Spread top half of each roll with cranberry sauce. Generously spread bottom halves with blue-cheese mayonnaise and layer with turkey slices (at least 2 per sandwich), lettuce, shallots, and the top bread halves.
See full post here: Annabelle Breakey Photography :: Blog2012-11-23.