January 1, 2013!
Start off your New Year with A Feast! What better way to start the year off than having a long, leisurely meal with family and friends! Hope everyone has a healthy, happy and delicious year!
- 1 four-rib beef rib roast (about 7 lbs.)
- 1 tablespoon green peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon pink peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon white peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons packed light or dark brown sugar
- Let beef come to room temperature 1 hour. Preheat oven to 500°. Set beef in a large roasting pan, rib side down, and roast 30 minutes to render off some fat.
- Transfer beef to a platter and reduce oven temperature to 350°. Drain fat from pan, then return beef to pan, rib side down. Set aside.
- Grind peppercorns, allspice, and salt in a spice grinder until coarsely ground. Put in a small bowl and mix with remaining ingredients to make a thick paste. Use a small spatula to spread paste evenly over top and sides of beef.
- Cook beef until well browned and a meat thermometer inserted into thickest part reads 115°, about 1 1/2 hours for medium rare (temperature will rise to at least 135° as it stands). Cover beef loosely with foil and let stand about 30 minutes before slicing.
See full post here: Annabelle Breakey Photography :: Blog2013-01-01.