November 16, 2012
For those that love the Sidecar, this is a sweet citrusy twist!
- About 2 tbsp. superfine sugar (Tip Below)
- Wedge of lemon or lime
- 1 cup ice
- 1/3 cup blood orange sparkling cider
- 1 tablespoon mandarin orange or tangerine juice
- 2 tablespoons Lemon-Lime Juice (Tip Below)
- 2 tablespoons Simple Syrup (Tip Below)
- Put sugar on a plate. Run a lemon or lime wedge around the rim of a martini glass to wet it, then twist rim in sugar.
- Put remaining ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake until cold, about 1 minute. Strain drink into prepared glass.
Superfine Sugar: Dissolves easily and makes a nice garnish on the rim of a glass.
Lemon-Lime Juice: Equal parts freshly squeezed lemon and lime juice, for adding acidity in a flash.
Simple Syrup: Equal parts sugar and water, heated until the sugar dissolves. (Your yield will be the same as the amount of water you use.)
Fresh Lemons, Limes, and Oranges: To make juice, wedges for squeezing or moistening the rim of a glass, or twists of zest for extra citrus aroma.
Garnish with Fresh Herbs: Basil, mint, and tarragon add complexity, texture, and visual appeal.
See full post here: Annabelle Breakey Photography :: Blog2012-11-16.