December 19, 2012
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for grilling bread
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 20 slices (1/2 to 3/4 in. thick) ciabatta (1 loaf)
- 1 pound brie cheese, cut into 1/4-in. by 2-in. slices
- 3/4 pound ham, thinly sliced
- About 1/2 lb. arugula, washed and spun dry
- Put 1/4 cup olive oil, the lemon juice and zest, garlic, sugar, and salt and pepper to taste in a blender and pulse to combine.
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium (you can hold your hand 1 to 2 in. above cooking grate only 4 to 5 seconds). Brush oil on both sides of bread and put on grill; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill 2 minutes. Turn over, top with cheese, close lid, and grill until cheese melts, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Top cheese evenly with ham. In a large bowl, toss arugula with vinaigrette and arrange a handful on each sandwich. Drizzle remaining vinaigrette over sandwiches.
Karen Biggs, Lake Forest Park, WA, Sunset
See full post here: Annabelle Breakey Photography :: Blog2012-12-19.