January 8, 2013
You don’t have to be here in San Francisco to enjoy this sandwich, but it doesn’t hurt!
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup coarsely grated parmesan cheese
- 4 freshly cut slices from a sourdough loaf
- 6 ounces thinly sliced turkey
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 slices muenster cheese
- In a small bowl, combine butter, garlic, and chile flakes. In a medium bowl, whisk egg and milk. Spread parmesan on a plate.
- In a large frying pan, melt half the seasoned butter over medium heat. Dip 1 bread slice in egg mixture, coating one side only. Dip coated side into parmesan. Place to one side in frying pan, cheese side down. Repeat with 1 of remaining bread slices. Arrange turkey, avocado, cilantro, and muenster on slices, dividing evenly.
- Dip remaining bread into egg and then into parmesan. Arrange on sandwiches, cheese side up, and cook over medium heat until undersides are golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Lift sandwiches and add remaining butter to pan; flip and cook until second side is golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes more.
See full post here: Annabelle Breakey Photography :: Blog2013-01-08.