All that pink and red stuff I’m seeing got me thinking about this delicious recipe. It has just enough tart to complement all the sweetness of your Valentine!
- 1 sheet (9 to 10 oz.) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 12 ounces rhubarb (about 8 thin or 3 thick stalks)
- Preheat oven to 425° with a rack set on lowest level. Unfold pastry onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. In a small bowl, mix together 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, the brown sugar, cardamom, and flour. Evenly sprinkle sugar mixture over pastry.
- Trim rhubarb 1 in. shorter than pastry, then split lengthwise into 1/2-in.-wide pieces. Lay pieces parallel across the pastry square, leaving 1/2 in. border of pastry. Sprinkle rhubarb with remaining 2 tablespoon granulated sugar.
- Bake galette until edges are golden brown and puffed, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve with sweetened whipped cream or ice cream.
See full post here: Annabelle Breakey Photography :: Blog2013-02-13.