Simple and satisfying for a quick mid-week dinner. Enjoy!
- 5 slices (about 5 oz.) thick-cut bacon
- 4 large heads Belgian endive, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, chopped
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, cook bacon, turning once, until crisp and brown, about 6 minutes total. Remove bacon from pan and drain on paper towels, then crumble into small pieces.
- In a medium serving bowl, combine bacon, endive, avocado, and gorgonzola. Set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together shallot and vinegar. Gradually drizzle in olive oil, whisking, until dressing is emulsified. Pour vinaigrette over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
See full post here: Annabelle Breakey Photography :: Blog2013-01-30.