November 24, 2012
This is a good way to spend time with family after the Turkey Day Extravaganza. When making these bite sized cookies, instead of using jam, fill them with left over cranberry sauce.
- About 2/3 cup cranberry sauce, drained
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup pecan pieces
- Heat oven to 350°. Whirl sauce in a food processor until smooth, about 30 seconds; set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar together in the bowl of a standing mixer until smooth. Stir in vanilla extract. Add flour, spices, and salt, then mix on low speed until blended, scraping inside of bowl as needed. Stir in pecans.
- Form dough into 1 1/2-in balls and set 1 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Use your thumb to press a well into center of each cookie. Spoon about 3/4 tsp. cranberry sauce into each well.
- Bake cookies until light golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool completely on baking sheet.
See full post here: Annabelle Breakey Photography :: Blog2012-11-24.