November 19, 2012
This side dish is so satisfying, I’d happily have just this for dinner!
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts, sliced very thin*
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces pancetta, cut crosswise into 1/4-in.-wide strips
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Using a sharp knife or mandoline (see Notes), thinly slice brussels sprouts crosswise, discarding root ends. (The resulting “shaved” sprouts should resemble confetti.)
- Pour vegetable oil into a large pot over high heat; add pancetta and stir until slightly crisp, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-high, add brussels sprouts, and cook, stirring often, until sprouts are bright green and tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
* Notes: A mandolin works well for the ‘shaving” of the Brussels Sprouts. Use a fork stuck in the core end of the spout to keep your fingers away from the blade.
See full post here: Annabelle Breakey Photography :: Blog2012-11-19.