December 12, 2012
Something simple & easy. Hey, the Mayan calendar is coming to an end so you might as well use up those staples you have in the cupboard already!
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 4 ounces pancetta or good-quality bacon, cubed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 large can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Cook pancetta in a large frying pan over medium-high heat until partly translucent. Spoon off most of drippings. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring often, until browned, 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients except parmesan and cook over high heat until juices have reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Add pasta, stir to coat, and transfer to a bowl. Sprinkle with parmesan.
See full post here: Annabelle Breakey Photography :: Blog2012-12-12.